Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Texting Bastards....

Last night Wifey got out of work a little late. On the way home she called me as she normally does to let me know she was on the road. We chatted about work and how our days had went. She asked what I wanted for dinner. Normally we cook and eat our meals at home as it is so damn expensive to eat out all the time. We decided on Kentucky Fried Chicken. A pretty nice treat for a Monday evening.

Wifey shows up, hands me the KFC bag of goodies and then heads off to change clothes and wash the hospital off of her. I get silverware, plates and towels ready all the things we need to sit down and have a nice peaceful dinner in front of the TV.

About halfway through the evening news the political advertisements begin. More like the uncontrolled shit slinging that now defines our sacred electoral process. A particularly stupid ad then airs showing Ron DeSantis and how proud he is to be endorsed by that asshole Donald Trump. He is building a brick wall with his infant baby, teaching his kid how to read by showing him a Trump poster, blah blah blah. The only saving grace is this two faced slimy politician is married to one of the hottest chicks around. Her name is Casey and she is a gorgeous brunette. She does local commercials and had a local mews magazine show on one of the tripe spewing news stations here in Jacksonville.

The only saving grace is that I can mute the TV and just fantasize about the hot chick who is telling me I am the sexiest guy she has ever seen in my bacon Speedo and how jealous of Wifey she is that Wifey found me first.

While the mute setting is activated, I am jolted out of my aural fantasy by the text alert tone on Wifey's cell phone. We both groan as we fear it is going to be some nonsense from her work day but oh no, It's much worse than that.

IT'S A TEXT WITH A VIDEO FROM THAT ASSHOLE RON DeSANTIS' CAMPAIGN HEADQUARTERS.

How did that son of a bitch get her phone number? It's pretty obvious that somehow these parasitic political vermin checked to see that Wifey is a registered Republican. Then they found out her cell phone number and decided the best way to get us to vote for their candidate was to interrupt our nice quiet dinner and my perverted fantasy with an unsolicited text message. An obnoxious VIDEO message no less.

And there isn't a thing I can legally do about it. When the politicians put through the federal "Do Not Call" legislation where you can supposedly prevent annoying and nuisance telemarketers and their ilk from calling you, they inserted a clause that exempts political organizations. So the same dickheads who supposedly were doing us a favor by limiting the "Robo Calls" from annoying telemarketers went ahead and exempted themselves so they could violate our privacy without consequence.

Does that sound right to you? I unknowingly stopped this crap on my phone by registering as a Libertarian. These jerk-offs are not on my primary ballot. All I have to vote for in this upcoming primary is low budget judicial candidates. After the primaries are over, all bets will be off and I too will have to put up with this unwanted garbage on the cell phone THAT I PAY FOR. There is nothing I can do. Complain the the news media? You cry. That won't work as those whores are fed with the same politician's silver as well. All I can do is stop watching TV or use Amazon Prime Video and/or Netflix.

Wifey and I won't vote for any asshole who calls us to beg for our support at the polls. Maybe I should just send our cell phone bills to these slimeballs who clog up our technical devices with their virulent pablum.

Hell, that won't work either. These elitist peckerheads can't pass a budget for our country let alone pay their own bills. Why should I dream that they would pay for mine?



No comments: