Saturday, November 22, 2008

To Infinity and Beyond…….

The best part about the term Infinity is that it allows for everything to be possible. Sure, some things are more possible than others. I suppose they would be more probable than others. So in an infinite universe everything is possible; just highly improbable.

And for those of you who think I am just parroting Zaphod Beeblebrox, I am not. I have been developing my oddball theories of the cosmos long before I ever heard of the late great Douglas Adams.

If everything is possible then there must, by definition, be a planet in the universe made entirely of Velveeta cheese. (I can’t figure out how to make the trademark symbol on a pc. Sorry Kraft)

Of course the odds of us finding this amazing planet are extremely small. It has to exist just the same. The laws of the infinite require it. Oh sure, it may not be Velveeta. The trademark may not be used in extra galactic space, but the chemical formula would be exactly the same. And this would be a major planet, not some minor or dwarf planet as those fools at the IAU like to babble about.

It’s surface would be both smooth and creamy as any meteorites that make it to the surface would just disappear with a cool sounding  ploop. Even I cannot imagine what sort of bizarre life forms might inhabit this wonderful planet. I can see future generations of humans making interstellar voyages to this amazing planet in spaceships made of broccoli. It would probably rain picante sauce on Saturdays before football games as well. The continents might resemble deep fried tortillas or nacho chips floating over the plastic tectonic core.

I am pretty sure the inhabitants would not be a rodent based life form………

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are in Word ...
Goto the Insert menu/tab, click Symbol, and then click the Special Characters tab.
This is where weird characters/symbols such as trademark (°) & degree (®) symbols can be found.
You can usually copy these symbols from Word & paste in other tools ... like I did here (if it worked :o).